How WYCO WORKS works
When you sign up with WYCO WORKS, you’ll get connected to a Workforce Navigator.
Your Workforce Navigator will help you figure out:
- Your current skills and interests.
- What new skills could help you qualify for jobs.
- How you can learn those skills through free training opportunities.
- Where and how to apply for a job.
In order to sign up for WYCO WORKS, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Live in Wyandotte County.
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
Workforce Navigator services are free and available in English and Spanish.
WYCO WORKS provides career readiness workshops such as résumé preparation, job search guidance and tips for a successful interview. We provide information about the kind of supportive services and financial help that might be available to you for training. We can also help you apply for financial aid, file claims for Unemployment Insurance programs and apply for training programs.
The program is supported in part by a grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration.
Looking for additional support? Explore our Resources page for more information on resources available in our community.